This NEOS Optimization Guide provides information about the field of optimization and many of its sub-disciplines. The focus of the content is on the resources available for solving optimization problems, including the solvers available on the NEOS Server.
- Introduction to Optimization: provides an overview of the optimization modeling and solution process
- Types of Optimization Problems: provides some guidance on classifying optimization problems
- Optimization Algorithms: provides information on various solution methods along with links to software tools that implement the method
- FAQs: answers to frequently asked questions on Linear Programming and Nonlinear Programming
- Optimization Resources: links to blogs, communities, conferences, and publications related to optimization